Grodno State Medical University was founded in 1958 and has been one of the leading medical institutions in the Republic of Belarus. The University is famous for its great educational emphasis and highly qualified teaching staff. At present there are over 50 doctors of medicine and professors, 108 assistant professors and 209 candidates of medicine are employed at the University. Grodno State Medical University collaborates with the medical institutions in Poland, Germany, Russia, the USA, Great Britain, Lithuania and many others. The University has hundreds of foreign students from over 30 different countries such as India, Lebanon, Nigeria, Pakistan, Poland, Greece, Lithuania, Armenia, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Cameroon, Jordan, Mauritius, Sri-Lanka etc. are studying in Grodno State Medical University now.
Alongside with the academic work the teaching staff of the Medical University treats patients in 9 surgical departments, 14 therapeutic departments and 5 sub departments. There are 23 clinics functioning at the clinical departments of the University.
- Most foreign students of the University study at the Faculty of General Medicine which is a 6 Year duration in English Medium.
- Grodno State Medical University is the Only Medical University that provides 6 years high quality English Medium Medical Studies. Most of the other Medical Universities provide few years in english and other years in Russian.
- Excellent medical students go to the West-European countries to participate in medical scientific conferences.
- At the University there is a center for arrangement of postgraduate medical education in West Europe and the USA.
- After graduation from the University the graduates are granted International Diploma and are conferred the title of the Doctor of Medicine. The degrees awarded by GSMU are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG Philadelphia USA ), Medical Council of India (MCI), Lithuanian Centre of Quality Assessment in Higher Education and by many others.
- There is a very good hostel for foreign students within five minute walk from the main building of the University. There are 4 halls of residence of block type, two halls of residence of housing type (toilet, shower and kitchen included).
For more information contact us.